Monday 24 August 2015

Hungover and Hard Up

Alright,

Welcome back to That Kitsch Itch the official blog for www.kitschitchtoys.webs.com the UK’s home for retro and vintage toys. Check us out on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/kitschitchtoys) or on YouTube (www.youtube.com/woolicane), plenty of different things to look at, get involved in, buy and so much more still to come.

Okay this is going up very late I know, and I guess you might have worked out my excuse from the title of this blog. Yeah, I may have had a little too much to drink last night, but it shouldn’t be an excuse really. It was a friend of mine’s last night running a pub I go to, drinks went down to a pound a pint, yeah, that’s a good reason to drink something that’s usually £3.50, so that’s my excuse for now.

What I really want to do right now though is give a little bit of a preview, as Kitsch Itch Toys will be in York this Sunday for the York Comic Con. I must admit I’m looking forward to it, especially if I get my hands on the shelves I’m supposed to have by now, but that’s a rant for another time. Either way, I’m going to be a lot more organised then I have been at any of these events before, there are meant to be over a thousand people there, so I’m thinking a bit more organisation is in order. This does mean a lot of stuff needs to be showcased. It’s going to feature play sets including Cat’s Lair, the Tower of Omens, the as yet not talked about Bat Cave from Batman Forever, I really need to record my review of that before we get to the Comic Con, I really want to talk about it before it gets sold. We’ll be showcasing a load of boxed toys mixing Marvel Legends, Disney Winkeez, Power Rangers, Thundercats and Doctor Who. Thinking about it, that’s more boxed stuff then I was expecting to have in stock at this point. There will also be some bargain priced mini figures and blind bags for the more price conscious customers, along with the cheap loose figures that aren’t as collectable as others. I’m not going to focus too much on the action vehicles this time, there will be some, such as the Shell Raiser van from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but they take up so much room both on the table and in the car that they won’t be the main focus. We will bring plenty of the loose figures, letting people stock up on those missing from their collection or nostalgic favourites they don’t have from Masters of the Universe, Ghostbusters, X-Men, and all those other properties listed above. I might even bring out the MASK toys.

So that all seems exciting to me. Maybe I’ll give a review on here about what happened, if it’s a good event expect me to be praising it, if it’s a disaster I might not mention it at all. Other than that I’d like to mention my Top 10 series which continues this Friday as we begin to countdown to the return of Doctor Who next month with my top 10 Doctor/Companion pairings, crossing all versions of Doctor Who. Which pretty much leads us to the end of this week’s slightly overhung and late addition of this blog, next week should be a bit more cohesive. Until then…


Sithee

No comments:

Post a Comment